Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
What is SNAP?
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food stamps) helps low-income households eat well by providing extra dollars to buy food. In Oregon, people get monthly food stamp benefits to buy food on an Oregon Trail card. It works like a bank debit card in the machines at your grocery store checkout. Your Oregon Trail food stamp card will come with instructions for using it.
Facts about SNAP
You do not have to pay for SNAP.
You may be able to get SNAP even if…
- You own your home. No lien will be placed on it.
- You are working full time or part time.
- You get unemployment insurance.
- You have a good car and money in the bank.
- You are going to school.
- You are a couple.
- You are living with others.
You may be able to get SNAP if your income does not exceed:
|Household Size||Monthly Income|
* More than eight people, add $641 for each additional person.
If you meet these income guidelines, you may still qualify even if you have resources like a home, car, or bank accounts.
Am I eligible?
For more information please call Oregon SafeNet, a health and human services hotline.